Monday, February 11, 2008

Ohio

I have been at a meeting in Columbus Ohio. I am staying in the Holiday Inn just opposite the campus of the Ohio State University. There is a 7-11 just outside the hotel. This is where I have been having breakfast and buying my late night beer. It has been really cold with a wind chill factor. When we walked out to lunch and dinner, I have not been so cold for a long time. At meal two days at a really nice restaurant my share was 51 dollars. When I lived in he US, I would have jumped out of the restaurant window if a food bill had come close to 50 dollars. However, given the good exchange rate, the bill was only about 25 pounds. This is not a big deal for a nice meal with beers. I have been feeling like a millionaire. Hello American have a dollar, it is worth nothing to me.