Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Punk IPA

I went to Tesco's on Saturday to get some provisions. Because it was father's day, they had a lot of beer on sale. They had a bottle of beer called "Punk IPA". In my mid twenties I used to listen to a lot of hard core punk, so the "do it yourself ethic" was part of my mind set -- although I am not sure I actually did anything myself. This beer was called "a post modern classic pale ale" The beer was tasty, don't get me wrong, but is nothing sacred. Punk has been turned into a marketing tool. I was planning a few more paragraphs of ranting about marketing of something as important as punk. However, when I looked the beer up on the Internet, I see that it is produced by a micro brewery in Scotland. Also they have a beer called "Physics". Yummy. Ok I forgive them. Now I just need to figure how to get more.