Sunday, May 31, 2015

A woman at a German hotel

Last week I was in Germany for a couple of days. Germany was the same as usual. I didn't realise how hard it was to get from Bonn from Bonn-Cologne airport by train. I should have got the bus.

When I walked into the breakfast room of my hotel. There was a woman siting with her back to me. She was eating her breakfast, staring out at the view of a Bonn road. She looked like a woman I was secretly in love with, but I have not seen for about 5 years. I could have broken the spell and waled around the room to stare at her, and say "hi, I wasn't expecting to see you here,", and we would make arrangements for drink later.

But it just seemed so unlikely that the woman was my secret desire and I had work to do, emails to write. I drank a quick coffee and shoveled some fruit salad into my screaming stomach. I left the hotel and walked to my meeting. I am too old for lust  to hold me for very long.