Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Waiting for the bus in a pub

I am feeling really low and exhausted. I went into town to go to the gym. I almost didn't go the gym, but I wanted to go for beer and then get the bus home. But I went to the gym for a reasonable workout. Hopefully I will manage to go again this week..

Then I went for a beer and a whisky chaser in the Noah's ark pub. I go there for a number of reasons. It is not a student bar. Some of the people there are a bit crazy. It is also close to my bus stop.

Today I was in there. A number of women came up to buy drinks. Some guy was shouting at a woman, who was wasted. There is a horrible tone of voice for a wasted  person. The air seems to crackle with the voice of a heavy drinker. Perhaps I should have tried to talk, but I just stared at my drink. The final woman was wearing a straw hat and a flowing skirt. She ordered red wine for the road, but she was drunk in a controlled way. An old guy rushed up to talk to her. She started to quote a few phrases of Latin to him, in a way that made me think of a life with promise, but that the promise has long gone. 

Anyway I got the bust home.