Saturday, April 23, 2005

emotions

For the last ten years or so I have felt that I have been living in an emotional vacuum. The hand on my emotional clock only staggere between grumpy and mild depression. As for love, I have heard that it exists of course and yet I still remain alone. Clearly, I am suffering some kind of truma. After much medidation on the walk into work and some fairly astute web browsing, I think I have made a breakthrough. Just before I left Edinburgh I was listening to a play on the radio. The play was adapted from a book and it was spread over a week. A man and woman were exchanging letters about suducing various people. The novel was set in the eighteen century. There was a problem with the radio so I missed some part of the last episode. One of the female characters was disgraced got TB and her eye fell out (for some reason). It sort of matters which character has problems. Was it the female seducer or a victim of the male seducer. It really matters, azs this makes a difference to the way I live my life. I think I have tracked down the book to: Les Liaisons Dangereuses (English Translation) - Pierre Choderlos de Laclos Once I have read this book, everything will become clear. Perhaps, I will start a life of depravity, or I might just develop a wry smile. On reflection the only thing I learnt from reading Sade was the importance of being able to cook, if I am imprisioned in a French Gateau. All I can do is use the microwave.