Sunday, July 22, 2012

I lost my passport in a pub quiz

The Guardian have a test that is model of the Citizen test. So I thought I would give it a go. But needless to say I failed it:
You scored 9 out of a possible 15
Commiserations - you failed the sample British history test (you
needed more than 10 to pass). If this was the real citizenship test
you would need to wait a week and pay £50 to take the test again, and
hand over your British passport
It has been such a long time since I did any history at school. I certainly can't remember so many names of our Prime Minsters. And I am bit confused about this "Great Britain"  business.

When I was at school we studied "the great long march in China"  as part of the history lessons. This rote learning of dates is on;y really useful for winning pub quizzes.