Monday, January 02, 2006

Manga

I felt that the TV over the festive season sucked. There was nothing that I really wanted to watch. However, there is a school of thought that thinks that this holiday peroid is for family and children, so perhaps screeing not stop action films may not be appropriate. I obviously have my own stash of DVD to keep me amused. I watched Battle Royal last night. A class of children is taken to an island, where they must fight to the death to survive. The teacher was played by Takeshi Kitano with a kind of lazy depressed insanity that was awesome. I also watched a cartoon version of Ichi the killer. This is a more troubling film, because the violence is really insane and I wondered what kind of person would enjoy such a film. Finally, I also watched Ghost in the shell. This is beutiful piece animation set in the future. There was a lot of computer stuff to keep me amused. It ended too soon for me. I have ssen the sequel, but that didn't help me much. Mange rules!