Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Snow storm

The storm is coming! The last 2 months of stress filled work has stopped me blogging. Perhaps, more importantly, I didn't hassle my landlord enough to fix my boiler. I moved into a new place a couple of months ago. The boiler never worked. There was one attempt to fix the pilot light. I should have hassled them more, but I assumed things were happening when they were not. Now the snow is coming and there is no heating in flat (apart from a small electric fire keeping my butt warm). It all seems like the penultimate scene from the film "The Day After Tomorrow", where the young kids huddle in a library as some new super cold weather comes in and tries to freeze them. I got a couple of extra cans of beans at the store, just in case I get frozen in. If the ice storm lasts longer, I will just go around to another flat in the building and eat a resident.