Saturday, January 01, 2011

New year 2011

y celebrations at 24:00 last nigt were not very satisfactory. Last year when the new year started, there were suddenly many explosions outside my window. Given that I was also confused my beer, I thought that a war had started, so I dived for cover. The fireworks looked spectacular. The fireworks were just a lot of personal displays joining together (the power of crowds), rather than a big organised display.

Last night I was more prepared. I had a glass of black sparkling wine that turned out to be more red than black, ready to toast in the new year. As you can see from the video, the fireworks were not particularly impressive this year. It sounds as though someone on a balcony around here was firing an automatic weapon. I could also use the video as a model of the big bang in the multiverse.