Saturday, January 22, 2011

On learning German

I was sitting in my regular German class on Thursday. One of the other students was answering many of the questions about the new words we had been told to learn. I almost leaned over to him and said "you fucking swot.". Luckily I didn't -- not very professional for someone working at a University. I would like to point out that I did try to study for the test.

I am just not good a learning languages. I would like to say it is because I am old, but I had exactly the same problems when I was at school. Also when I was rationalizing being at the bottom of my German class in Glasgow, my explanation for why the retired people knew more German than me was that they had more time, because they were working. p> What kind of world is it when I am taight how to buy a beer in Geramn, but I am not taught what Urknall means?