Wednesday, October 03, 2012

No shiny shoes blues

I am not best known for my sense of style in the choice of clothes that I wear. In fact I sometimes get the impression that some people think I am a bit of a slob.  Even If by accident I do wear something stylish I usually get soup all over it. So why bother.

The one place where I try to make an effort is with shoes. I find it relaxing to polish shoes. I got into the  habit when I was in the air training core and I had to wear a uniform. Somebody told me that he thought that women were attracted to men with clean and shiny shoes., but this has never worked for me.

The bad news is that shops don't seem to sell boot polish, but some nasty liquid polish. I am all for progress, but I miss the quiet satisfaction of polishing my shoes with a brush.