Thursday, June 06, 2013

A short guide to robotics

 I am in the mood for robotics. So I read Robotics: A Very Short Introduction  by Alan Winfield.
This was a very interesting and short introduction to robotics. I was impressed that they built a robot powered by dead flies. I assumed that a robot would need a really complicated AI to control
it, but that turns out not to be the case. There were many attempts to use ideas from biology.

My understanding of robotics is now updated over knowing the three laws of robotics.


Why am I interested in robotics? Well they are slowly taking our jobs. From the book even drones are taking the place of soldiers. In that case I would rather be operating a drone than say on the ground in Iraq.  The people who know about robotics will have an advantage over those who don't.