Sunday, October 08, 2006

CD buying rules

I went into Fopps in the West End of Glasgow to buy a Richard Hawley CD. I saw Richard on TV, so it seemed like a sane thing to do. Then for a variety of reasons, involving me dropping a CD on the floor, I ended up with "speak for yourself" by Imogen Heap. When I lived in the US, my rule was I had to buy one CD by someone I had never heard of for every CD I wanted. If you don't have rules then you become like some staid Beatles fan listening to the White album for the rest of your life. Well rules are mean to be broken, especially when you move back to the UK, and CD prices are £14. Anyway CD prices are low again in the UK, so perhaps I should reinstate my rule. The thing that convinced me to buy the Imogen Heap Cd was that the first track was called "headlock". I thought I had found another angry chick singer. The sad thing is that the CD doesn't do anything for me. Still, maybe next time ....