Sunday, October 29, 2006

King Tut's

After living in Glasgow for almost 6 months it seemed about the right time to see some live bands play. I went out to the famous venue called King Tut's. It is a pretty small place with just a room above a pub. There is a quote from Hunter S. Thompson in the urinal. It takes me about 40 minutes to walk to the venue, so not so bad. There were a huge number of people wearing fancy dress in the general area of King Tut's. Probably something to do with halloween, but why then were people dressed up as pirates? The first band on where called Gents. They were a more arty version of the petshop boys. The lead singer wore a suit. They had a video playing as the backdrop for the entire set. This was really cool. I have not seen many bands play with clever videos behind them. The headliners were also a Glasgow band called Parka. The lead singer played the guitar as though he was on speed. I think I should get out more.