Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday afternoon in Germany

If you were to play a word association game with me, and you asked "what does Sunday in Germany" suggest to you, my first thought would be "boring". (Here I am talking about a typical Sunday rather than one with an England German football game.) Most of the shops are shut on a Sunday, so the place feels a bit dead.

If pressed to come up with something other than "boring", I would say "the A-team". They used to show the A-team on Sunday afternoons, and I would watch it as I ate my lunch. I would never have guessed that the A-team show would be shown in Germany. Last week I saw part of the episode of the A-team, where Boy George starred. Why was Boy George in the A-team. Well many people think that it was because he was taking a lot of hard drugs and that clouded his judgment.

This is how I get through a Sunday afternoon in Germany.