Friday, April 18, 2014

A night out at White Rabbit

When I lived in Liverpool I used to go out to gigs about 2 or 3 times a week. When I moved to Glasgow I used to go out once or twice a months to see live music. When I moved to Germany, I used to go out to see live music perhaps once or twice every year. You can see the pattern emerge.

Last night I went out to see some bands play at the White Rabbit venue in Plymouth.
The bands playing were:

I got to the venue about 21:00. I think that the sounds of Swami band were playing. This band was a great hard core band. I usually stand at the back of the crowd at venues. One guy pushed his way to the front,  threw a full glass of beer over another guy and started "slam dancing" at the front. I thought that a fight would break out, but it didn't. When I used to regularly go to gigs, this was totally normal.

The next band was the "Dust bowl jokies". I wasn't really in the mood for this type of American rock, even if the band was from Sweden. At another time, with a different audience, I would have been  more into it.

At the end was "Random Hand" a punk/ska band played. I liked their energy and interaction with the audience.

I am getting too old to stand up for an entire gig.