Sunday, April 20, 2014

The search for bar oasis has ended in failure

A couple of times I have been out for a walk, the purpose of which was to find the legendary bar Oasis in Plymouth. The main purpose of this quest was to find the nearest pub to my home. Anyway it looked as though the pub had been converted into either a Muslim centre or Doctor's surgery. I studied google maps and the street view, but I could see no bar.

Just by chance I saw the Bar Oasis close to some supermarkets I normally use. According to google Beaumont Rd is linear, but the road curves and that is where the bar was hidden. So I couldn't find the bar, because of the confused geometry of Plymouth.

Like the quest of the holy grail, the bar was shutdown. Given my career problems this week, perhaps fate is telling me to buy and then open this bar.