Thursday, March 09, 2006

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

I watched the file "Sympathy for Mr Vengeance" on Tuesday. This is from the same director as the one who made the film "oldboy". I was really impressed by oldboy, so I was a bit disapointed when I started watching the film, when I saw it wasn't like "oldboy". The two films are part of a loose trilogy. The film was very beautiful. Just the way the camera moves around. A good film, should keep you warm for a couple of days afterwards. This film has stayed with me. Although, one of the reasons I like this type of film is the extreme violence, there is also a kind of emotional intensity about the film as well, that is missing from many films made in the West. Attentive readers will have noticed that trilogies come in 3s. I see that the final film called "Lady Vengeance" is playing next week in Liverpool.