Sunday, February 20, 2011

On getting high ....

I am trying to live a more European lifestyle. For example, in my German class at a night school in Glasgow, when the teacher said that many German kitchens did not have kettles, the students gasped in amazement.

Obviously the first thing I did was to buy myself a kettle when I moved in my rented flat. Recently I thought after over a year, I should try to use the coffee maker as well. So on Sunday or Saturday I move to coffee after two or three cups of tea.

I mostly drink tea, but I do drink coffee as well, but only maybe one or two cups a day. However, after drinking half a jug of filter coffee, my entire system starts to speed up. I feel slightly high. Ideas rush through my mind, but it is too unfocused to do anything useful. My body shakes more than normal. So this is what it is like to be European? I will get a coffee maker for my office as well.