Saturday, August 23, 2014

MODERN MASTERS IN PRINT (Plymouth)

There is a museum across the road from the University. I have been in Plymouth for nearly 1 year now, but until this week, I had never been into the museum. For the last 2 months there was an exhibition of the drawings of 4 modern masters: Henri Matisse, Pablo Picasso, Salvador DalĂ­ and Andy Warhol.

A week before the exhibition closed I thought I should make an effort and actually see the drawings.
One must make time for art. It was a small exhibition with the drawings into 2 rooms.

The Dali drawings were actually adverts for the French train journeys. The drawings by Warhol were a little bit political. This surprised me, because I thought he was a "money man". I didn't know much about Matisse. I now know he likes to paint nudes.


The Picasso included a picture like the famous Don Quixote sketch below.