Sunday, August 10, 2014

Utopia

I am completely obsessed with the TV series Utopia. After the first series of the show I was scared of spoons. After the second series I am now scared of rabbits. The violence is getting very disturbing in series 2. In the first series a lot of people were killed, but in series 2 murder seems more casual. My favourite character Arby describes killing like "unscrewing a bottle to get to the water”. There is no 'shouting of threats",  there is just death.

Ian's boss was standing in his office. He was ringing the police o check on an ID. The person he is talking too, just goes up to him and cuts his throat.

I am not complaining, just observing.

It is all very clever and gripping. I thought the start of the last episode was an advert for a burgers, but then the customer abuse was a bit extreme.