Friday, March 22, 2013

random Singapore stuff

I have been staying in Singapore this week, while I have been attending a physics workshop. I am staying in the NEC guest house inside the campus of Nanyang technical University. It is a huge campus and the guest house is a bit far out. I had to work in the evenings for my talk, so I didn't have much time to explore the campus.

There are a couple of canteens on campus. There is a big hall with a large number of little shops that serve different food. It is cheap food as well, I get a bowl of noodles and meat for 4 Singapore dollars. The guest house is close to a  sports field. There are a lot of people training in the evening. There are people running around the track. I saw some people wearing gis getting ready to train in Karate.

It is so hot and humid here. It is swampy hot here. I can barely stand to be outside. Thank God for air conditioning.