Thursday, March 08, 2007

shoes

Ok, so I now agree that this Internet business is a good thing. I have been wearing some stronger boots, but the shoelaces typically came undone twice a day. This was getting annoying, because I had to keep stopping on the street to tie them up. Most people learn how to tie their shoes, when they are about five. I have always known that I wasn't tying my laces optimally. Somehow I wasn't trained correctly. Anyway as you get older it does become harder to ask people to show you the correct way. Anyway, I decided to end my hidden and secret shame. So I logged on and found this useful site. I now walk to work and I don't need to stop to tie my shoelaces. One of the reasons I never wanted kids was that I worried about the time when I had to teach my son to tie their shoelaces, knowing that I didn't know how to do it properly myself. The curse would be carried on for another generation. Although this shoelace tying issue may sound a bit trivial, BUT what if I was tieing my laces and someone came up behind me, and like violated me. I wouldn't be able to sit down for a week, and I would be emotionally scared for life. Also, what if I got into a fight, and I needed to accidently kick someone in the head. What if my boot fell off -- frankly it would be uncool, no matter how many Ninja butts I had just kicked. I feel like a new person. No longer do I slink around Glasgow, scared that my boots would become unravelled and I would have to bend down and do the tieing ritual. For the first time in my life I feel like a real man.