Sunday, August 19, 2012

Taking a train from Leipzig to Dresden

After looking at some pictures I decided I was ready for a beer. I had booked a train to Dresden, so I was on a schedule. There were no good outside bars close to the railway station, but there was a good bar in the railway station, where you could order at the bar in the normal UK manner.

I then got the train to Dresden. It took about one and half hours to get from Leipzig to Dresden.

My hotel in Dresden was meant to be close to the railway station. It still took a lot of time to find the hotel -- even with my fancy GPS phone. Outside the railway station there was a big shopping area. I eventually found the hotel A&O Dresden Hauptbahnhof It was really a hostel, but I had my own room and there was a bar on the top of the hotel. The bar was on the 8th floor, so there was a good view over the city of Dresden. Unfortunately the hotel was in the ugly area of the city