Saturday, November 24, 2012

On thoughts of suicide

I am feeling really tired and stressed at the moment. What really is the point of it all? One time I visited Las Vagas with a couple. ON the way we stopped at a huge dam. My friend was very excited to look down, but I was starting to freak out. I kept thinking about throwing myself down. I admit this is a bit weird. There was a philosopher in Ancient Greece who threw himself into a Volcano, because he thought he was a God. In fact I have read The Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus, but I was too stupid to understand the arguments for and against suicide

By the magic of the internet I think that the Dam was the Hoover Dam. Doesn't the picture of the Dam make you too want to throw yourself off it?




Don't worry dear reader I have taken steps to cheer my self up. I have purchased Feet Of Clay by Terry Pratchett. That should put a smile on my face -- when I actually get time to read it. If that doesn't help I cam watch this video and think how selfish Phil Ochs was when he left America early and didn't defend it against the rot of Regan.