Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Old post about Carnivals

Below is a fragement of posting that I started during the Carnival time in Germany. I actualy intended to work more, but I ended up going into the city center to buy a coffee maker (that I have yet to use). There were lots of people on the streets in custumes, but original people like me carried coffee makers

About the only good thing about getting old is that I am forgetting these Christain customs I was indoctrinated with when I was young. The equivalent thing in the UK, is pancake Tuesday

So it is Karnival time in this part of Germany. In principle, I should dress up in a costume and go to Cologne or Dusseldorf and watch the parade. Although I quite like the idea of dressing up in a large rabbit suit and then getting very drunk on the streets of Germany, I am not sure I can be bothered.

For posterity I did record a few scenes on TV with my flip recorder.