Saturday, May 11, 2013

My absinthe spoon

I have wanted to buy an absinthe for a while. Last night I at the Real supermarket in Wuppertal I saw a small bottle of absinthe on sale with a glass. When I opened the packet I found an absinthe spoon as well. I actually did the burning sugar this evening. I poured the absinthe over the sugar and into the glass. Then I used a lighter to set fire to it (after nearly burning my finger).



I am not sure about taking a drink with a sugar cube. I also (for the first time) added water to the absinthe. The drink does indeed go milky as the book promised.



After the first glass [of absinthe] you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally, you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world
Oscar Wilde