Sunday, May 12, 2013

Possible mistake in Nightmare In Silver Dr Who episode

I was watching the latest Dr Who episode "Nightmare In Silver" for the second time.
It struck me that the cyber computer was worrying about losing a game in 3 moves. Three is not a big number, even with different combinations multiplied in I don't see how they could not have mapped out all the possible chess moves for more than 3 moves ahead. For example the deep blue chess computer from IBM which beat Kasparov at chess, could go to at least 6 moves ahead.

It is definitely possible to map out all possible three moves, but
perhaps I should actually work out the total number of combinations.


Should I tell the world about this novel piece of insight? I could post this insight on an internet forum, but perhaps it is better not to.