Sunday, May 13, 2012

Man City

I should say that I am not that interested in football, but I was very pleased to see Man City win the premiership this year.  I grew up mostly in Knutsford a small town that is sort of close to Manchester. Before I was 18 I did know about the rivalry between Manchester United and Manchester City. At the time United were not so successful, so there were fewer United fans around.

United have been so successful. The 8 years I spent living in Liverpool somehow made me hate Manchester United for no rational reason. I have been trying to see a video of the United fans crying when they discovered that City had won. Does that make me a bad person.

I was looking at the text from the Guardian. City only won in the last 4 minutes. Everyone thought City would win before the match.  So the game was bit stressful. I can' imagine what it was like for the fans.