Thursday, May 24, 2012

Start of a short break in the South of England

The last couple of weeks I have been feeling really burnt out. I booked a holiday to be after a deadline. Unfortunately I missed the deadline, but I still  had the holiday booked so ... I usually like to holiday in  foreign country. I grew up in the North West of England and to us the South is a different country. So I decided to visit the strange South of England, (also to visit some family).

I got the flight from Dusseldorf to Gatwick. When I got off the plane, there were a huge number of armed polices standing around with weapons staring at us. There was also a man with a dog.The dog rushed up to me and I thought I was back in Wuppertal. However the dog was looking for explosive of drugs. The policeman cam the second time with the dog, because it was a bit excited by me the first time.

Anyway I was not arrested. Welcome to England -- a police state. I now have a chip in my passport so I can go through the electronic barrier. This was a bit stressful as I had never used the system before. Anyway the barrier opened for me and I was in the UK.

What does a person need f they get off a plane around 10:00. Why a bacon roll of course. I had not eaten any bacon since Christmas (the last time I was in the UK). Gosh the bacon roll was tasty. People in Europe keep telling me that English food is shit, but have they eaten a bacon roll for breakfast. I think not.