Saturday, May 05, 2012

The magnetic fields are back in my life

When I used to buy CDs, I used to really love a CD by the Magnetic fields. The CD was was called "69 love songs".

I was listening to the Marc Riley show and he had the Magnetic Fields  in session. I really enjoyed the interview, because the singer had a "dry wit." Although I was bit worried when he said he had written a song below when he was so drunk he didn't remember it (but perhaps the wit was then not so dry).

In the interview, he said he preferred to play acoustically -- but why I thought call yourself the magnetic fields, if you hate electricity. Now that I read the wikipedia entry the band was named after a  Breton novel (that I might have read a long time ago). OK I am sure I have read a Breton novel, but probably not the magnetic fields