Sunday, February 24, 2013

A small death in Lisbon

Since I had my holiday in Lisbon I don't think that I have finished many books. I am not sure why that is. I have been trying to do various work things, so I have not taken a full day, such as Saturday to just read.

One of the books I took with me on holiday was A small death in Lisbonn by Robert Wilson. I did read most of the book in Lisbon, but I only just finished the final section today. The book is a detective story set in Lisbon, so it was fun to see parts of Lisbon and then read about them in the book..

I enjoyed the book. Somehow the lead detective got on my nerves a bit. There was a small subplot with his daughter having sex for the first time that didn't work too well for me. Part of the book was set in Lisbon, but during the second world war. I enjoyed that part more.