Friday, April 07, 2006

I wonder the dark streets of Budapest

The area around the hotel seemed very quiet. However, I ddn notice on two street corners a number o women just standing there in the rain. None of them made any attempt to talk to me as I limped past. I first thought there where whores, but they did not try to talk to me. Also they looked fairly wholesome. Perhaps, I was just judging by the standards of Liverpool prostitues, who ask me "whether I am looking for business" and usually seem fairly well strung out on smack. The women were all wearing white. This struck me as strange about a day later, after some intense reflection. I now think that perhaps they were priesteses of some arcane religion. Perhaps, they stood in vigil for the return of some minor God. I had, just moved into the hotel. Coincidence, maybe not?