Saturday, April 22, 2006

intelligence

I just read "everything bad is good for you" by Steven Johnson. This was a very important book about how popular culture is actually making us smarter. I was so impressed by this book that I went out and got a copy of the PsP2 game grand theft auto. I started playimg it on easter monday. I seemed to spend a lot of time crashing cars into walls and rivers. I got quite good at car jacking. I seem to have annoyed the cops because after I punched one in the face a couple of times and the stamped on them to bring up fountain of blood, I would get jumped and arressted. This of course sucks. Sometimes I could steal a a car fast enought that I would not get shot. I was still not fast enough to steal their weapons. I believe there are some kind of missions like robbing a petrol station. It is a huge game. I do get annoyed when I can't get into buildings, although in the real world I can't go into every building. When I was walking to work, I passed all these parked cars. I thought, I could just wait around for the owner to show up, then I could jack the car. Anyway, perhaps I am not getting any smarter, but I am getting new ideas.