Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Food in Bruges

So I got out of the last art gallery in Bruges and I though that is me done with art. I need some wittles to keep my body and spirit sound.



My guide book described a kwak beer that required a special glass. The glass was so expensive that the restaurant required a shoe as deposit -- or so my guide said. The beer was also meant to be 1 L of 8% or 9% strong beer. When I ordered the beer, they didn't ask for my shoe. Also there was probably only 1/2 L of standard beer in the glass. Still it was fun to drink. I ordered Mussles and fries. It was all very tasty -- as it should have been for 40 Euros.

After that I had another beer and then took the bus back to the hotel. A bit later I had a drink in the Morrison bar with a picture of the lead singer of the Doors at the front of the building. It was a local bar with a group of friends drinking in a small bar.

So that was another birthday done.