Saturday, April 21, 2012

Templeton prize 2012

On the Templeton prize. It was becoming clear that I wasn't going to win the Templeton prize for subverting science with religion this year.  The prize money is over 1 million pounds, so I could do a lot with that kind of cash.

I was getting ready to write a really nasty piece about the prize winner, whoever that might of been. I wanted to congratulate Prof Blowjob for his or her political and sucking up skills. I would not have been bitter and warmly congratulated the shit for having no dignity.

However this year they gave the prize to The Dalai Lama, I am too bitter to find out why. Perhaps he is an expert on quantum mechanics. I don't see his name as having published any papers on inspire.

On the other hand, if a non-scientist can win the Templeton prize for just taking an interest in science, perhaps an physicist can win the prize for being a little bit interested in religon. When I lived in the UK, I used to listen to "prayer for the day". Will that count?