Sunday, April 22, 2012

The biggest losers

Today I went for a quick walk through the forest close to my flat. I then did a small amount of weight training. I put on the TV and watched part of "The biggest Losers". This is a TV program where a bunch of fat people try to lose weight. I am watching the German version.

The show had the contestants walking up some steps about 6 times as fitness training. Many of the contestants huffed and puffed to walk up these steps outside. OK fine, good for them. However at the end of the show, everybody gets weighted and there is some dramatic music to check whether they have lost weight. Most people lost over 1kg, but a couple of people lost 5 kg. I am not sure what the length of time was, but it looked although they lost 5 kgs in a week.

What? Why can I lose 5 kgs in 1 week?