Friday, June 08, 2012

On the 7th Doctor

I like to listen to the plays on the BBC Iplayer. Last week they had a collection of Dr Who episodes with the 7th Doctor Sylvester McCoy.  I don't remember McCoy at all. I was at University in London, when he was on TV from 1987 to 1989. Also I am of the generation that the best Dr Who was played by Tom Baker, so everything went downhill after that.  Somehow then Dr Who was not the essential viewing that it is now. I am clearly not maturing as i get older.

However, I really enjoyed the radio series. I just liked his voice, which is very gravelly. The person introducing the show said that McCoy was the best Doctor Who for him.

So I downloaded from Itunes an episode called Ghost Light  This was a very confusing, but really great, set of episodes. There was a mad man, aliens spaceships, plots to kill Queen Victoria, and just lots of weird stuff. The show also features an adult saying "wicked" in a believable way.