Saturday, June 16, 2012

On deception

I spent part of the weekend reading "On deception" by Harry Houdini -- the famous magician. This is a short book where he describes various tricks for getting out of padlocks and prison cells. I now know how to get out of a straitjacket , but whether I could do it in practice. But still it might come in handy if I get sent to an insane asylum. I now know that fire breathing and sword swallowing is
dangerous. You never know when I might need to know this.

I was actually looking for a book on begging. Whenever I have talked to beggars around the world, they always seem to be using the same techniques to extract money. So there must be some book that has all the hidden begging knowledge in it. I want that book. Unfortunately, amazon seems only to sell books with titles "begging for it." Interesting, but not what I want.