Friday, January 25, 2013

Django unchained

I sent to see Django unchained on Wednesday. I really enjoyed the film. It was funny and the action parts were great.

The film was shown in English with German subtitles. One of the bounty hunters was a German and there was a German theme to part of the film, so it made more sense to watch the film in English in a German cinema.

Of course I don't think that Tarantino made an important statement about slavery. It is just an action movie at the end of the day.


I made the mistake of watching the review by Mark Kemode. Mark is not a great fan of Tarantino. He did have a point about the length of the film. It was a three hour film and they started showing it 8:00. Unfortunately the cinema was in Barmen and the last train on the Schwebebahn is at 5 minutes to 11:00, so the length of the film meant I had a longer journey back to Eberfeld.